My rapidly expanding client is looking for an Imports Assistant to join a busy fast paced department based in the Estover area.
The position involves:
* Registering container orders (including issuing LC’s & deposits)
* Processing shipping documents, international payments, preparing customs entries
* Preparing customs entries for shipping agent
* Checking shipping costs / customs entries
* Scheduling container deliveries
* Booking in UK / EU deliveries to our Distribution Centre within our set booking structure
* Reviewing / issuing of daily reports
* Checking delivery paperwork from our DC
* Investigating and resolving issues (loading / price / cube)
* Updating & monitoring of information onto our imports database (Access)
* Raising & resolving claims with suppliers (UK & International)
* Customs Tariff reviews
* General Admin & correspondence within the import dept
Full training in our processes will be given. However this is a key position within this busy department and the candidate must have the following skills:
* Ability to pick things up quickly
* Excellent attention to detail
* Excellent accuracy and consistency of work
* Good organisational skills with a methodical approach
* Ability to multitask
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Office – Excel essential (must include excel knowledge of formulas, formatting & sorting. Use of Access preferred but not essential)
* Experience of imports, customs or logistics an advantage, but not essential
Although experience of imports (sea freight containers) would be an advantage, we are prepared to provide full training to a candidate that demonstrates the key skills with the willingness to learn this varied, demanding & exciting role. The role suites someone who enjoys a challenge, likes problem solving and who works best when under pressure.
This department and indeed the Company is extremely busy, so the ability to multitask, but with maintained accuracy, is essential. They will be working as part of a small team and the work will impact all aspects of the Import Department, so I cannot emphasise the need to maintain accuracy with high productivity
Hours are 8.45am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday with an hour’s break.
If you are an experienced Imports Assistant and are currently looking for a new challenge then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Laura. Many thanks for your interest.