Our client, Thornbury Manufacturing, is seeking to recruit an Injection Moulding Setter for employment at their factory based in Estover. The ideal candidate for this role would need to have experience of setting Injection Moulding Machines and have worked in the plastic manufacturing industry, shift flexibility is also a requirement as there is a 6.00am to 2pm/2pm to 10pm rotating shift pattern involved with this position. Key responsibilities of this role are as below:
- To be proficient in the setting and use of all mould shop machines as detailed below:
- Battenfeld 25 tonne – 100 tonne (vertical and horizontal
- Boy 22 tonne – 80 tonne
- Manumould machines
(Experience of these machines is preferred, however candidates with experience of working on similar machines will still be considered)
- Assorted ancillary equipment
- To be aware of and is authorised to set presses in compliance with current health and safety regulations and procedures, and with regard to the safe use of the equipment by third parties working in the department.
- To be able to read component drawings, use measuring equipment to complete checks i.e. Vernier, Micrometer, Mondo and correct use of gauges and jigs.
- To be capable in the use of computers to generate orders, bills of material etc.
- To liaise with supervisory and tool room staff on tooling requirements, maintenance and improvements.
- To complete and file paperwork in accordance with company quality procedures.
- To carry out routine production quality checks, weigh parts, bag up and label as per company production process.
- To conduct on-going raw material auditing and annual stock takes.
- To have the ability to interact in an effective manner with all levels of the company.
- To be aware of company manual handling requirements.
- To be aware of company H&S policy and to adhere to it.
- Deputise for mould shop shift supervisor when required.
- Responsible for the security of the building when required to lock up.
Hours of work
- Monday to Friday, 6.00am to 2pm rotating weekly with 2pm to 10pm.
If you are an experienced Injection Moulding Setter and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Nigel. Many thanks for your interest.