A successful Engineering Business based on the outskirts of Plymouth is looking for an administrator who is experienced in export controls to join their sales support team. Own transport is essential due to the location of the business.
Provides administrative support to the inside Sales Team and outside Sales Representatives, customers and distributors to promote the product sales and service.
As part of the role you will be:
- Accepting telephone calls dealing directly with customer or determine nature of call and forwarding to appropriate sales manager when requested/required.
- Accepting purchase orders, providing price quotations, order entry, and advising status of orders and shipping information to provide overall customer service and outside sales support.
- Customer liaison on spares and consumable enquiries.
- Progressing orders from sales input through to the shop floor and despatch.
- Approving and processing customers’ request for return of material for credit.
- Providing administration support to other departments if requested
- You’ll have a proactive, resourceful attitude. You’ll be approachable and keen to learn about our business and our processes. You’ll be happy to do all aspects of this role
- You’ll be a team player and have great attention to detail. You’ll be able to prioritise and multi-task to help us meet important deadlines.
- You’ll have strong computer skills with experience of Microsoft Products; Excel and Word
- You’ll be experienced with internal sales, including accepting telephone orders and inputting orders
- You’ll be experienced with working in a manufacturing/engineering environment
- Fluent German speaking would be a distinct advantage
Hours of work
Monday to Friday 08.30 to 16.30