One of our rapidly expanding clients are looking for an IT Infrastructure Engineer to join a fast paced IT dept based in the outskirts of Plymouth.
As an Infrastructure Manager you will work closely with the Infrastructure Manager and will be responsible for the operation and administration of the company’s internal networks, servers and security systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Administration and maintenance of company’s networks
- Configuration and set-up of new server and storage
- Firewall administration
- Administration of email servers for company-wide email including Office 365
- Keeping the network functioning at optimal levels; this includes the internal network (LAN), a company-wide network that encompasses multiple locations (WAN), as well as the connection to the Internet
- Server maintenance and backup
- Assigning and maintaining user logon and access privileges
- Protecting internal users from outside threats, including hackers, viruses, spyware and malware.
- Liaising with the IT Service Desk
- Technology training as knowledge develops
- Providing 2nd and 3rd line support
- Develop and document system standards for computer and network devices
- Develop and write procedures for installation and problem solving for hardware and software
- Schedule weekly Windows Fixes/Patches
- Provide out of hours support as required
- Liaising with Distribution Centres’ IT support
- Input into IT Acceptable Use Policy/Change Control
- Strong working knowledge of major networking components, network operating systems and basic computer hardware components
- Hands on knowledge of the procedures used in the installation, modification maintenance and repair of IT hardware and software.
- Ability to communicate orally and written in a professional manner
- Works well both alone and in a team
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously
- Good Knowledge of MPLS/WAN/LAN communication
- Good knowledge of VPNs
- Good knowledge of Firewalls, Proxy Servers, Switching and Routing
Required knowledge of administering:
- Windows Servers (2003 to 2019)
- Windows 10 and Windows POSReady 7/2009/WEPOS
- Microsoft Exchange (2016)
- Office 365
- Microsoft Hyper-V and Windows Clustering
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft BizTalk
- Backup software
- Basic SAN functionality
- Solarwinds monitoring
If you are an experienced Infrastructure Engineer and are currently looking for a new challenge then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Laura. Many thanks for your interest.