We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Lead Composites/Process Engineer for a permanent position based in Plymouth.
- Project manage introduction of composite processes into production and ensure production readiness
- Work closely with design and product development for design for manufacture (DFM)
- Develop and productionise composite manufacturing processes, procedures and tooling
- Establish and document standardised process and procedures
- Identify skills and training requirements
- Lead a team to deliver products to EHS & QDC requirements
- Work with suppliers to optimise quality and efficiency standards
- Problem Solving and root cause analysis to support continuous improvement
- Support production through identifying, reporting and resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain a competitive manufacturing environment through research of technology and adoption of the latest industry standards.
- Assist in the planning of equipment and the human resource to optimise efficiency and throughput.
- Ensure products are built to specification and manifest a quality orientated culture in the team.
- Minimum 3 years of direct experience with layup, bonding and assembly of prepreg composite structures in a production environment.
- Experience of Carbon fibre Pre Preg lay up
- Deep understanding of process parameter and material characteristic interrelationships.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings with consideration to G D & T
- Previous experience in a leadership role in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant field.
- Leads by example and excellent communicator to all business levels.
- Experience in layup of large composite components (>5m length).
- Experience with epoxy bonding prepreg composite materials.
- Experience with finishing (coating or painting) prepreg composite materials.
Working hours Mon to Thurs 0730 to 1630: Fri 0730 to 1230)
If you have relevant Composites experience are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Lizzie. Many thanks for your interest.