We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Lead Paint Process Engineer for a permanent position based in Plymouth.
- Project manage introduction of painting of composites structures into production and ensure process capability and production readiness
- Introduce a high quality painting department within the business
- Work closely with design and product development for DFM
- Develop and productionise spraying processes, procedure and equipment
- Work with paint suppliers to optimise quality and efficiency standards
- Establish and document process and standardised procedures
- Identify skills and training requirements
- Lead a team to deliver products to EHS & QDC requirements
- Problem Solving and root cause analysis to support continuous improvement
- Supervise work to quality specifications, coordinate shop floor activity and monitor workflow of the team
- Maintain a competitive manufacturing environment through research of technology and adoption of the latest industry standards
- Assist in the planning of equipment and the human resource to optimise efficiency and throughput. Monitor and improve on KPI’s
- Maintain a cohesive, safe working environment in conjunction with other business functions and COSHH regulations
- Manifest a quality orientated culture in the team and maintain Total Preventative Maintenance to ensure reliability and consistency of the department
- Mix paint and coatings for appropriate substance and colour, regulating temperatures of substances
- Clear technical experience and deep theoretical understanding of working with spray paint application
- Minimum 3 years of direct experience with wet spray painting, ideally with training / mentoring experience
- Deep understanding of process parameter and paint characteristic interrelationships
- Technical understanding of composite surface preparation and paint science
- Previous experience in a leadership role in a lean manufacturing environment
- Excellent paint application skills by hand with ability to train others in best practice techniques
- Leads by example and excellent communicator to all business levels
- Experience in marine paint applications
- Experience with painting large panels with epoxy based paints
- Experience with finishing (polishing / buffing) and repair / rework
- Experience in automotive finishes (metallic)
- Educated to degree level in a relevant field
Working hours Mon to Thurs 07:30 to 16:30 and Fri 07:30 to 12:30.
If you have relevant experience are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Lizzie. Many thanks for your interest.