Our Client, a leading manufacturing Company, is seeking to recruit a Machine Setter for employment in their Plastic Injection Moulding department. The key responsibility of this role will be to set machines within processing windows ensuring good quality is maintained. Shift flexibility will be required as the successful candidate will be required to work a rotating shift pattern, days/backs and nights, the key responsibilities of this role and experience required, are listed below:
- Set up a variety of machines for “first offs” (injection moulding machines in plastics)
- Change of machine tooling and ancilliary equipment (injection tool changes on high volume moulding machines in the Plastics area)
- Tool Setter TPM as per SOP and 5S.
- Setting optimisation in Plastics area
- End of run tool care
- Record set up, last off and process adjustments and hand-over to next shift
- Monitor and record material usage per process run – and report discrepancies to set standards
- Ensure a high quality finish to all parts and report any issues to production planner, engineering manager and production manager
- Ensure Health & Safety Adhered to at all times.
Key skills/experience required:
- 12 months experience as a Machine Setter or equivalent external experience.
- Health & Safety awareness to operate safely with equipment at high temperature and COSHH regulations in relation to use of inks and solvents.
- Knowledge of guarding and use of PPE essential.
- Understanding units of measurement relevant to temperatures and pressures.
- Knowledge of how to read Engineering Drawings
- Knowledge of how to fault/find and trouble shoot and put in place the required preventive measures
- Use of gauges, measuring equipment to perform quality checks
If you are an experienced Machine Setter and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Nigel. Many thanks for your interest.