We are working with a Plymouth based manufacturers to recruit a Machine Setter for their site in Plympton. It is essential that the candidate has extensive manufacturing experience, is mechanically minded, and is physically fit. This is a rotating shift pattern, working Monday to Friday. In return, the company will pay a competitive price, and great training and development opportunities.
You will be required to operate, set and clean production machines carrying out all operational activities in filling products to meet both internal and external customer requirements. To comply with all current Health and Safety, Environmental and Process Control procedures whilst carrying out all duties.
KEY AREAS OF ACTIVITY:
- Operate, setup and clean production filling machines adhering to job instructions and operating procedures to ensure optimum daily output and quality standards are met.
- Make adjustments to machinery within allowed parameters in order to ensure the machines maintain performance and output.
- To strip down machine changeover parts, clean and rebuild ensuring the parts operate correctly and the machines are fit to run.
- To problem solve machinery issues before advising when Engineering need to be involved.
- To ensure and be responsible for a quick turnaround of the machine when on a clean down.
- To organise the operators when on a job change to ensure a smooth change over.
- To ensure scanners are maintained i.e. charge of batteries and storage.
- To select stock and materials which are relevant to work orders and complete stock movements.
- Accurately back weigh raw materials surplus to requirements.
- To safely return remaining stock to raw materials warehouse.
- To maintain a safe working environment ensuring all health and safety and correct work procedures are followed at all times.
- The care and proper use of all personal protective equipment and adhering to all statutory and company health and safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain a good standard of housekeeping and cleanliness to your own working area at all times.
- Advising the Production Supervisor of any defects or damage to plant and equipment or any quality issues relating to products or materials.
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities improving performance of site.
- To co-operate and communicate with all other production members of staff to help maintain productive working relationships.
- Performing any other reasonable task as requested by your immediate Supervisor.