Our client, a well established Manufacturing Company, has a new opportunity to the Group as a Machine Operator.
The successful candidate would ideally have some machining experience with good attention to detail.
My client is looking for a candidate with a keen attitude to learn, has a great work ethic and is able to adapt and progress.
You will be directly responsible for the manufacturing of quality products, within specified timeframes and with the least amount of waste by:
- Ensuring paperwork issued to you or the machine you are working on is followed and finished accurately, neatly and completely.
- Take full responsibility for the volumes and quality of product you produce.
- Directly responsible for the general housekeeping and cleanliness of the factory floor.
- Intricate nut, bolt and rivet assembling, accurately matching technical drawings supplied with Works Orders.
- Safe operation of hand tools, powered hand tools and air tools to the designated safe standard procedures.
- Safe operation (when trained) of complex heavy technical machinery to safe standard procedures.
- Taking full responsibility for your own and others Health and Safety during your time onsite.
- Following specifications, directions and written descriptions carefully and correctly.
- Willing to train towards LEAN and CI focused skills and qualification.
- Working as part of a strong, focused team to achieve and exceed targets.
- Using your own initiative to flag up quality concerns and improvement ideas to the appropriate people.
- Complete basic maintenance programmes on machinery and equipment according to the safe standard procedures.
- Complete fully and accurately any other reasonable request by a manager.
- Operate within the Integrated Management System at all time whilst being authorised to raise improvement ideas to the continuous improvement or Senior Management Teams.
- Heavy manufacturing/Factory experience
- Related machine experience
- Physically Fit
- Must have an excellent understanding of written and verbal English
Due to the location of my client, if you are not close to Lee Mill then you will need your own transport.
If you are an experienced Operator we would like to hear from you. Please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.