The main purpose of the job is to efficiently produce low volume, high precision components to the highest quality.
- Setting/Operating Milling and Turning machines to the standard set and run times. An ability to use CNC machines would be an advantage;
- Use initiative to decide tooling selection and method of manufacture;
- Interpret drawings, identify and report drawing errors and suggest improvements;
- Monitor the quality of components, including first-off inspection and CMM inspection;
- Work with managers and supervisors to implement the Company’s policies and business objectives;
- Carry out any other duties reasonable within capability as required by the Machine Shop Supervisor.
- Ideally applicants will have served an apprenticeship and have expertise in using a variety of manual milling and turning machines;
- Used to working to fine tolerances with non-ferrous materials;
- Flexible, courteous, friendly and positive approach;
- Eligible to work in UK.