One of our rapidly growing clients are looking for a Margin Protection Analyst to join a new department within the business.
The main purpose of the Margin Protection Analyst is to assist in developing, implementing & maintaining margin protection and oversight strategies to meet agreed company objectives.
- Assisting in margin protection and oversight strategies against 3 key areas. These being:
- Calculated Margin
- Rapid identification and resolution of system pricing errors that will impact on actual margin and reported margin
- Analysis of transactional margin.
- Working with teams within Buying, Supply Chain and Retail to define and prioritise requirements
- Ongoing maintenance of a new ‘Direct Product Profitability (DPP) model to help with product decision making, channel selection and net margin analysis.
- Analysing store trends, discount policy, manual discounts, write offs, adjustments, ensuring discount values are kept to a minimum and inside of policy
- Ensure DC, order book and current selling stock meets agreed company targets
- Provide meaningful reports to the Margin Protection Manager recommending appropriate actions, with the aim of enhancing and protecting margin
- Identifying products impacting company margin such as negatives, less than target, key in errors, margin blend, suspended products
- Promoting a margin protection culture within the business
- Conduct investigations as directed by the Margin Protection Manager into identified areas of concern related to margin protection
- Provide feedback, findings and make recommendations for improved processes and procedures related to enhancing margin protection.
- Assist others in the validation of Companywide project proposals & business cases which involve capital or other significant expenditure.
In order to succeed in this role, you’ll be expected to:
- Have clarity about how performance will be measured
- Have a proven background in Retail Head Office support roles
- Be able to proactively plan your time and priorities
- Demonstrate a strong commercial awareness
- Self starter, motivated and enthusiastic
- Team player
- Numerate – able to demonstrate analytical skills
- Written Skills – Able to demonstrate effective report and letter writing skills
- Self-sufficient PC skills to include – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email
- experience with relevant marketing software applications
- Have a clean drivers license and own car
This is a temporary to permanent position, successful candidates will start work through TQR for the first 12 weeks. Following a successful probation period you would then go on to a full time contract directly with our client.
Working hours Monday - Friday 0845 to 1730 with 1 hour for lunch and has free parking on site.
If you are an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst and are currently looking for a new challenge then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Laura. Many thanks for your interest.