We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Materials Planner for a prestigious manufacturing business based in Plymouth. Our client design and manufacture products for control, navigation and guidance for surface and air applications in the global aerospace and defence markets. Our growth plan includes development and extension of our current technologies into civil applications.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Materials Planner to join our existing team who are expanding in line with our increasing orders and the ramp up of our manufacturing capability. Reporting to the Materials Planning Manager, you will be responsible for managing all ERP planning parameters to mitigate risk and optimise inventory.
- Scheduling the supply of materials to meet the master production schedule
- Working with supply chain to eliminate any shortfall of parts to the master production schedule
- Ensuring exception messages are understood, actioned or planning parameters are corrected
- Inventory Management to set targets
- Maintaining material standards in the ERP system
- E&O management
- Inventory reporting
- Managing NPI and configuration impacts on materials within the ERP system
- Deputising for the Senior Materials Planner as required
- Understanding of ERP system principles and operations, ERP planning procedures and the integration of company functions provided by an ERP system
- Able to apply trade-off analysis to balance requirements of demand and supply
- Knowledge of the different classes of inventory (raw materials, WIP, finished goods, MRO, service parts, damaged, and obsolete).
- Understanding of the five functions of inventory: cycle inventory, safety inventory, anticipation inventory, transportation inventory, and hedge inventory
Education & Experience required:
- Educated to Level 3 in Business/Engineering/Planning or equivalent
- Previous Planning experience is a must
- In-depth knowledge / experience within an ERP system or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills and good attention to detail is a must
- Proficient Excel and Microsoft experience is also essential
If you are an experienced Materials Planner and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Laura. Many thanks for your interest.