A well established Manufacturing business based in Saltash is looking to recruit an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team. This is a vital role within the business so previous experience is a must.
- Provide novel, practical, and innovative solutions to Customer requirements for all mechanical components.
- Research new technologies, components and process’s providing feedback on how they could cost effectively add or enhance features of products.
- Create, develop, analyse and safely test the mechanical designs, ensuring that they meet the required functionality, cost, quality, safety, legislative, reliability & aesthetic requirements.
- Create appropriate documentation, and liaise with Suppliers and/or other Engineering Teams in arranging for the timely, cost effective and quality manufacture of prototype parts & assemblies.
- Complete verification validation processes and complete reports on the designs and the systems within which they may integrate.
- Liaise with other Engineering Teams regarding pre-compliance tests for all products, to provide a high level of confidence in the product being able to pass the required legislative testing and to ensure the product is robust for the market within which it is to be used.
- Work in partnership with Operations Development to ensure all designs are fully manufactural by providing accurate, clear and concise CAD data to an agreed assembly structure.
- Create & maintain Product CAD & BOM data in accordance with procedures.
- Liaise with suppliers, in partnership with Purchasing, to source new components and ensure an acceptable supply chain can be maintained in Production.
- Prepare project documentation before, during and after a development. e.g. specifications, BOM’s, test schedules, test reports, training guides, service manuals.
- Help identify to the project team during the planning stages and throughout a project, factors effecting its successful completion.
- Constantly review with the R&D Manager procedures and process’s to improve the quality of products at the design & development stages.
- Liaise with other departments in providing technical support to design / product issues.
- Ensure the department is kept in a tidy condition to provide a positive impact on visitors to the company.
Experience & Knowledge
- Must have HND or above in Mechanical Engineering
- PCB layout is essential
- Must have Design for Manufacture experience
- Design experience of products for robust environments is desirable
Hours: 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 8.00am to 1pm on Friday
If you are an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Lizzie. Many thanks for your interest.