Our client creates innovative IT products and services that transform the way their customers work and as such, innovation is at the heart of what they do. They have strong and growing divisions that specialise in providing IT services, communication solutions and retail to business and home customers throughout the UK. Their depth and range of expertise in IT and communication services is one of the many reasons why they are so renowned.
We are searching for a dedicated and passionate, Mid-Level Data Engineer. You will be responsible for working within the core development and management of interfaces. You will also be responsible for the differing clinical system databases, providing data insights and supporting decision making and data mapping for the business. Working with both technical & non-technical members of the agile teams, you will develop and maintain effective solutions to support any data migration or data transformation process.
- Contributes simultaneously to different projects with little impact due to context switching. Uses this to their advantage, in order to utilise dead times and or blocks in projects.
- To assist with the transformation and manipulation of data in order to transfer data between computer solutions.
- Assists with the design of data structures for optimal storage, creation, retrieval or data mining.
- Proficient in statistical data analysis, modelling and regression.
- Writes production quality, robust code and understanding it’s interaction within the larger system, not in isolation.
- Coaches juniors and transfers existing and new acquired knowledge to peers.
- Reports progress on development at daily stand-ups and escalates issues or slippage in a timely fashion, identifying remedial action to keep the project on track.
- Demonstrates a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritisation, to work within project timelines.
- Identifies and solves data storage problems and can define/map data patterns and management scenarios to different solutions and designs.
- Keeps abreast of industry developments and technologies, then works with other team members to improve their knowledge and skills.
- Manages source code and version control using GIT.
- Works independently or in conjunction with other developers as required.
- Participates fully in team planning and works alongside colleagues to continuously improve the team’s performance.
- Creates and maintains strong working relationships with other members of the data team and the wider technology organisation.
- Dedicated to learning and progressing into a more senior position.
Knowledge & Skills
- Has SQL Experience, with demonstrable skills in analysing and developing complex SQL queries.
- Has a sound background in software development (C++, C#, JS) and or mathematics, either by training or experience.
- Has an understanding of common database technologies.
- Experienced in building Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence projects will be advantageous but is not essential.
- Experienced in preparing system documents, using cases, test cases and other documentation.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills, to interact with both technical and non-technical personnel in different units.
- Has the ability to work in a collaborative environment (e.g. collaborate with team members, users and back-end programmers.)
- Has good exposure to DBA skills for MySQL.
- Experienced with MySQL database design & architecture, administration, implementation and management.
- Experienced with data migration, data conversion, database upgrades, physical modelling and schema designs.
- Familiarity with Linux administration would be an advantage.
- Experienced with production support and change control protocols.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Experienced with working in an Agile software development environment.
- Good analytical and problem solving/troubleshooting abilities.
- Ability to coach and mentor more junior members, spreading knowledge across the team.
Problems you will address within this role involve the interpretation of reports and evaluation of requirements. This will require frequent interaction with colleagues, both within and outside of the department such as; programmers, support staff, training members and occasionally directly with the user base. Additionally, the post holder may be required to interface with the Connecting for Health or other third parties. As such, strong communication skills and an outgoing nature are essential.
You will also be required to make the recommendation of when data migration has been completed, adequately tested and can be released. You will be responsible for maintaining confidentiality for any client data, maintaining scripts and manuals/documentation as required. The position is solely office based with potential for visits to clients and other premises.
If you have the relevant experience and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below. For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Rachel V. Many thanks for your interest.