We are currently recruiting for the largest moulding production company in Plymouth. We are looking for an experienced and qualified Moulding Project Engineer. My client is offering a great salary, Company benefits and an opportunity to work for a multi Billion Dollar Company.
Reporting to the Engineering Leader, the Project Engineer’s primary function is to implement cost reduction and continuous process improvements activities, also to maximise capacity constraint programmes for future business growth. Must be able to effectively plan / track and manage the actions of multi-disciplined teams and external vendors to deliver projects within the time frame identified by the annual budget process.
- Prepare accurate project schedules and capital appropriation requests for all projects.
- Liaise with the quality, regulatory, facilities, production and marketing departments to obtain their input and / or support to ensure projects are successfully initiated and validated within time frame and budget.
- Plan, design and specify improvements to existing processes to improve productivity, quality, safety and efficiency. Innovate, design and specify new processes to meet manufacturing requirements, manage the selection of Vendors, placement of orders and track building progress through to Factory Acceptance Trials.
- Prepare plant layout in response to changing manufacturing needs for both present and future requirements.
- Prepare / Manage manufacturing and validation document amendments in relation to process change and the introduction of new equipment.
- Coordinate the failure mode effect analysis process in order to carry out risk analysis of process changes. Provide operational and technical training as necessary.
- Utilise Six Sigma Methodologies (DMAIC) and carry out Statistical data analysis to effectively scope and manage improvement activities.
- Liaise with other company plants to exchange and share process knowledge that may potentially provide cost reductions and efficiency improvements. Keep abreast of latest technology.
- Ensure projects are compliant with Health and Safety legislation, environmental legislation, legislation appropriate to the medical device industry in both Europe and USA, and division / plant procedures.
- To coach and give direction to Engineering Associates under their control with regard to specific tasks and projects.
- Carry out other duties as deemed appropriate by the Engineering Leader.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in a related environment, ideally medical device manufacture or pharmaceutical or demonstrated capability within the business.
- Demonstrated achievement on project management in related environment.
- HND/ Degree in appropriate Engineering discipline preferred or a minimum of HNC in engineering discipline.
If you are an experienced Moulding Project Engineer, and are currently looking for a new challenge then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Lizzie. Many thanks for your interest.