We are looking for seasoned maintenance engineers who are looking to increase both their current salary, along with their ability to progress their career. We are working with a local manufacturer who have a number of opportunities for the right candidate. Experience within an FMCG environment is essential, along with a multi skilled background, preferably with an electrical bias.
- To attend breakdowns, in order to minimise machine downtime and to assist with attaining the factory targets.
- To maintain machinery in the highest order to ensure smooth running of the factory.
- To be aware of the days plan and to prioritise the work around it.
- To diagnose defect, effect repair and evaluate results, ie, run it before leaving.
- To identify and order correct spare parts from different sources and communicate this information across levels.
- To be available for prompt attendance to breakdown with the correct tools.
- To read and access information in order to keep up to date with technological advancement and implement best practice.
- To understand drawing and handbooks in order to work and apply information to the full scale.
- To adhere to Health & Safety rules in order to prevent accidents and to ensure a safe operation of equipment for all.
- To monitor the dynamic performance of new and current machines on a continuing basis and suggest improvements.
- To liaise with contractors, to assess the quality and performance of their work in order to ensure that correct standards are maintained.
- To keep records up to date in accordance with good engineering practice and carry out effective handovers.
- To communicate with other departments, to influence and educate in order to draw attention to current state, impending problems and to effect a spirit of co-operation across departments.
- To monitor and recycle materials in order to keep costs down.
- To support building services tasks including general building maintenance to hot water system, refrigerant systems.
Qualifications and / or Experience
- Formal engineering qualification/recognised apprenticeship with multi skilling focus.
- Hands on engineering experience.
- Knowledge of Company.
- Computer literacy – PLC knowledge.
Key Performance Indicators
- Response time.
- Completion of work Vs plan.
- Quality of work.
- Equipment reliability.
- Health & Safety awareness.
- Resource utilisation.
- Breakdown time assessment.