We are looking for an experienced multi-skilled engineer to work for a rapidly expanding local manufacturers based in the Plymouth area. Previous roles within manufacturing is essential. This is a rotating day/night shift pattern and the right candidate would be required to work autonomously for periods of time. Knowledge of PLC Fault finding is highly desirable and this is a great opportunity for someone to develop their growing career with a company that share the same aspirations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out reactive maintenance to all plant, equipment, services and buildings as required, to include fault finding and repairs.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance and monitoring as per schedules.
- Assist with developing and implementing line improvements.
- Record and communicate all findings.
- Assist with projects and the installation and commissioning of new plant.
- Become an active member of the Health and safety team for the shift.
- Liaise with outside contractors where required.
- Work with team leaders and the management team to ensure targets are met on safety, quality, output, efficiency, energy and waste.
- Communicate effectively with the Engineering Manager on all engineering and production issues.
- Assist in controlling department budgets.
- Maintain a flexible role in the operation, covering additional hours, absences and call outs where required.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Must be a time served engineer in a mechanical or electrical discipline with a formal qualification.
- Should have a broad range of skills to include electrical fault finding and installation, mechanical maintenance and repair. Basic fabrication skills.
- Familiar with high volume production techniques.
- Basic computer literacy to include a knowledge of Word and Excel.
- ONC/HNC in an engineering discipline.
- 17th edition IEE wiring regs
- Fabrication skills to include tig welding.
- Experience in ‘Lean’ manufacturing techniques
- Experience of ISO quality procedures
- Previous experience of Planned Maintenance software, Scada systems, PLC’s