We are looking for an NPD Technologist to join a fast growing food manufacturers in the Plymouth area. You will need to have had previous experience within NPD in a food manufacturing environment, as well as being able to demonstrate the drive and ambition that the company advocates.
- Co-ordinate NPD communications to the business
- Manage the NPD project tracker
- Co-ordinate product information to ensure all information is available when necessary to produce customer requirements
- Conduct kitchen samples for a variety of purposes.
- Submit product sample submissions to brand manager for consumer panels and attend customer brand panels alongside brand manager to illicit direct feedback/ product development points.
- Work with suppliers to understand latest new techniques, flavours, products etc.
- Manage test kitchen to ensure it is stocked and maintained
- Control NPD paperwork system
- Develop knowledge of our customer requirements
- Manage internal projects through the NPD process
- Collate NPD performance figure & report
- Work with other members of the team on approving customer specifications & artwork
- Send branded NPD development briefs/ concepts out to a variety of suppliers, requesting samples and documentation for sample submissions against specific product innovation briefs.
- Request and provide product samples for sales team, customers, PR and other events.
- Attend first production run of products, as and when necessary, to ensure compliance/validation of the specification/process.
- Work within the NPD team to identify opportunities for development of new products that will contribute to the overall profitability of the business.
- Attend idea generation sessions with key stakeholders/departments to feed into future innovation plans.
- 1+ years’ experience
- Previous experience in a brand led New Product Development role is desirable
Experience working with the key retailers would be desirable as would experience working on ambient products
Degree level or equivalent in a food related subject desirable.