Directly managing and successfully developing a team of direct and indirect resource to deliver world class levels of quality, efficiency and delivery (OTIF). To support the Operations Director in the delivery of improved operational performance whilst driving the development of the skills profile within production teams and establish, maintain and improve processes that deliver our 'Right First Time' philosophy
Responsibilities / Tasks
- Delivery of the production schedule
- Cost control through productivity & overtime to achieve cost targets
- Careful use of the repairs and renewals budget to ensure plant & equipment is maintained
- Ensure that Manufacturing Engineers are used to good effect in production
- Ensure 6S implementation with monthly audits and targets
- Deliver KPI targets relating to manufacturing as agreed with senior management
- Builds and leads a performance driven team, including making key appointments, to deliver the vision
- Implement health and safety procedures
- Complies with legislation, regulations and ISO requirements.
- Work with quality & engineering to drive product and process improvement
- Work with HR to ensure that labour relations, recruitment, absence etc are managed professionally
- Work with the Continuous Improvement function to identify and deliver improvement
- Work with SH&E team to ensure that agenda is embedded within manufacturing
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you may be required to undertake other duties appropriate to your role.
- Management experience in manufacturing environment essential
- Project Management – able to plan, organise and lead projects
- Experience handling budgets
- Lean Manufacturing basics -Problem solving techniques, A3 reporting, visual management, 6S
- Ability to utilise and analyse software tools such as efficiency trackers, standard work, block plans to enable schedule adherence and meet productivity targets
- Thorough knowledge of relevant processes and able to carry out quality audits
- Health and Safety qualified and able to carry out risk assessments, Hazard ID etc
- Facilitate staff development – probationary reviews/ appraisals/return to work etc
- Able to read drawings and impact on production
- NPI process knowledge including routine changes and NSO’s
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Strong Leadership of the team
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills – communication, spreadsheets, presentations
If you are an experienced Operations Manager and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for David. Many thanks for your interest.