Part Time Administrator
We are searching for a Part Time Administrator to work 25 hours per week for a minimum of two months, this will be across either three or five days dependent on your requirements, with a break down of hours which can be quite flexible. You will be working within a busy, friendly team in a fast paced environment and duties will vary dependent on requirements each day. Due to the nature of this role you are required to be physically able and willing to move heavy tables/chairs and other office equipment.
You must have prior relevant experience in Administration or similar to be considered for this role and you must be available to start immediately, W/B 15th October. The purpose of the Administrator/Business Services Assistant role is to support the Office Manager in providing an efficient, flexible and effective office support service to internal and external clients.
Skills and Attributes
- Must present an appropriate and professional public image.
- Outwards presentation of a positive 'can do' attitude, exhibiting passion and pride in their work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with a range of people internal and external to the business.
- Communicate in an effective and professional manner with all levels of staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be approachable, friendly and diplomatic.
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to interpret these for clients.
- Must have the ability to deal with issues and resolutions whilst liaising with internal and external clients.
- Excellent organisation skills, the ability to prioritise and problem solve.
- Must have the ability to deal with a variety of tasks; multitasking and working flexibly within a team.
- Ability and experience of working as part of a team.
- Must have the ability to use initiative/minimum supervision.
- The ability to consistently produce work of a high quality.
- Good administrator, able to follow procedures and complete daily checklists.
- The ability to develop a good knowledge of the names, location and responsibilities of all other members of staff.
- Ability to collate figures for daily reports and KPI documents.
- The ability to use effectively modern IT and office equipment.
- Practical experience of regularly using Microsoft office applications.
- Must have knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and practices.
- The ability to understand and work in accordance with the Firm’s policies and procedures.
Performing all duties of the Business Services team including:
- Collecting and processing incoming and outgoing mail.
- Collecting and processing photocopying and scanning.
- Basic document production – binding, laminating, paginating.
- Handling cheques and monies on behalf of lawyers.
- Stock control for stationery, toners and IT consumables.
- Processing of stationery/stock orders.
- Assisting with office/ desk moves for staff.
- Assisting the IT unit with minor hardware fixes.
- Maintaining both internal and external office appearance through basic office maintenance.
- Liaising with engineers and contractors.
- Ensuring work place meets with H&S compliance procedures.
- Supporting the core business in delivering premier legal services.
- Supporting the daily tasks of the Business Services Management unit.
- Arrangement of conference facilities including audio visual equipment.
- Provide Reception cover on an ad-hoc basis.
If you have the experience and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below. For informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Rachel V, many thanks for your interest.