Based at the Manufacturing site in Plymouth, this role will focus on supplier management, price negotiation, timely delivery of parts, and the management of new or existing order schedules. You will drive contractual negotiations and the development of new procurement strategies. You will be responsible for the day to day purchasing activities, working closely with the planning team to ensure that planned deliveries and stock are sufficient to fulfil customer demand by due dates
Key Requirements :
- Develop, maintain, implement and monitor competitive supplier selection criteria and processes, ensuring these are in line with company policies, to ensure the effective selection of suppliers to meet business needs for a range of goods and services, both existing and new.
- Pro-actively review material and service costs, research alternative suppliers and carry out effective price negotiations
- Strategic development of key suppliers in support of HT objectives – Service/Quality/Price
- Maintain and develop KPI statistics for all areas of responsibility, analyse data and report as required
- Conduct supplier visits and assessment, including providing analytical support of quality, cost and delivery data
- Optimise purchase stock to maximise customer service whilst minimising purchased provision stocks, introduce necessary controls
- Ensure systems and processes are adhered to and robust to achieve and maintain AS9100 standards
- Implement purchasing strategy to ensure effective supply, whilst maintaining cost control
- Day to day management of purchasing co-ordinator, implementing HR policies, managing performance and ongoing development
- Hands-on approach to facilitate the purchasing function, analysing MPS, raising purchase orders, coordinating deliveries with suppliers
- Drive continuous improvement initiates to implement change and improve processes
- Provide adhoc support within the business to ensure the site’s Business Objectives are achieved.
- Business Studies degree or Diploma in CIPS
- Previous experience in a purchasing function, working with procurement processes, policy and systems
- Continuous improvement techniques
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Previous supervisory experience
- Excellent communications skills – Communicates information, both oral and written, in a clear accurate and concise manner taking into account the needs of the recipient
- Commitment to Results - Works in a focussed, committed and purposeful way, taking responsibility for actions; successfully overcoming obstacles to deliver timely high quality results
- Creative – able to identify improvements /solutions and follow through to full implementation environments
If you have the experience and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Louise. Many thanks for your interest.