An exciting new opportunity has just become available at a leading Plymouth manufacturing company for a Product Development Assistant. The primary purpose of this role will be to support the Senior Product Development Manager in all product related aspects of the business (positioning, net sales, margin, units, distribution, training and analysis of product throughout its life). The full responsibilities of the role and the qualifications and skills required for the position are listed.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Gather market research, inputs from the markets, assist in co-ordinating New Product Development (NPD).
- Assist in updating timelines for projects and highlight if falling short so corrective action can take place.
- Administration support for all product briefs requesting full information from the field once requests are made. Chasing sales team members for completion of forecasting and detail to enable sign off.
- Support NPD team at weekly meetings and distribute minutes and actions, assist all projects to deliver against set deadlines, help to develop and distribute all the product launch materials.
- Chase and communicate with Purchasing and Suppliers to support Development Projects.
- Checking documentation is correct and work closely on signed off specifications with Marketing
- Assist in gathering information for Senior Product Development Manager to constantly analyse the business from a product point of view.
- Support Senior Product Development Manager in following up and chasing all members of the team to deliver on actions requested.
- Assist with FR compliance procedures to ensure products enter the markets with correct certification.
- Analyse product life cycle and work with Senior Product Development Manager
- Once specifications are signed off, assist in preparing internal product fact sheets in timescale and work with Marketing to check product specification information.
- Assist in new product specification release to the factory and assist with training if required.
- Produce and populate all required specification excel documents for customers to meet required deadlines.
- Learn to present product specifications to Directors/Managers prior to launch and for sign off.
- Learn to present product specifications to the internal Sales and Customer Service teams as close to launch as possible.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- 3 years of relevant experience in marketing / junior or product development.
- Knowledge of working with SAP would be advantageous but not essential.
- Good analytical skills and communications skills.
- Organisational skills and strong IT skills
- Ability to work in a small organization, hands-on and team player.
Work place and travel:
- Plymouth office with some trips to the UK field to understand product and competition. May be required to attend Trade Shows.
If you are an experienced Product Development Assistant and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Nigel. Many thanks for your interest.