Our Client, a leading manufacturing Company, is seeking to recruit a Product Manager for employment at their Factory based in the north of Plymouth. The successful candidate for this role will be required to manage products and services in the Companies smart heating portfolio, with a focus on increasing the footprint of their smart devices.
You will be responsible for managing the overall product roadmap as well as taking end-to-end responsibility for the individual products, which range from Thermostats to smart heating control systems. You will take ownership of the connected products’ P&L and guide the products from conception through to development, launch and in-life support.
You will take a deep interest in understanding users’ needs, expectations and behaviour and use this to shape and drive product design. You will be comfortable working closely with sales, agile software & hardware development, marcoms, operations and test teams to guide the products through their full life-cycle
- Own and shape the Smart Home product roadmap
- Be responsible for the performance (financial, usage, engagement, satisfaction) of the products in the portfolio
- Help shape and drive the product features
- Assess the competitive landscape and use this to shape the Smart Home product strategy
- Work closely with B2B customers to understand their needs and use this to shape the product roadmap
- Work closely with the rest of the marketing team to shape the go-to-market strategy, supporting promotional activity, marketing content and merchandising
- Use customer data (performance data, A/B testing, customer feedback, app ratings, net promoter scores) to improve and evolve the products
- Work closely with sales teams to support the development of the range
- Analyse market trends in the smart home and energy space
- Carry out market sizing assessments
- Provide proposals on product and market segmentation, pricing
- Define a roadmap based on market trends, consumer trends, and technology innovation
- Help shape product lifecycle strategies
Key skills/experience required:
- Passionate about energy and technology products (e.g. consumer hardware, web products), and enjoy working at the cutting edge of technology
- You are an interdisciplinary thinker, skilled at blending disciplines in pursuit of a mission
- Analytical mindset, comfortable working on data-driven projects, with insight on consumer trends
- A passion for consumer experience and human behaviour
- Proven ability to pull together a product roadmap across multiple products and platforms
- Experience in product management of and agile methodologies
- Comfortable working with an environment with lots of ambiguity and unknowns
- Understanding or interest in the smart home ecosystem and energy markets
If you are an experienced Product Manager and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Nigel. Many thanks for your interest.