Experienced Production Controller required for large, global based manufacturer based on the outskirts of Plymouth. The successful candidate will join an existing team and will have the ability to operate Production Control SAP systems, prepare reports, analyse data extracts & support the factory by creating a master production schedule, which sits within credible boundaries of equipment, capacity & labour availability. This is an exciting time to join a global based manufacturer during a period of substantial growth.
- Create the Master Production Schedule using available resources at hand in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Support and participate in Production Systems meetings across the shop floor as appropriate.
- Actively seek out information from the operations team to assist in the maintaining of a credible production plan.
- Analyse data extracts.
- Contribute to the departmental CIP target.
- Attend and contribute in weekly team meetings.
- Support the head of department to achieve overall company KPI’s.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to company Health and Safety guidelines.
- Carry out any reasonable request.
- Understand and Implement company values, objectives and strategy within the sphere of control and influence.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Attributes Required:
- Proven experience having worked as a Production Controller / Planner ideally within an Engineering or Manufacturing environment.
- Excellent data analysis skills, e.g. mass data analysis using pivot tables.
- Numerate and accurate with excellent attention to detail.
- A clear ability to make decisions & prioritise production work centres to customer needs.
- Detailed knowledge of SAP and the routines used to load orders, level & sequence production.
- Have a sound knowledge of lean manufacturing processes.
- Have the ability to stay calm when under pressure and maintain a positive outlook and professional conduct.
- Is an excellent team player who is proactive.
The successful candidate will be working full time hours, Monday to Friday, comprising of a weekly shift rotation pattern.
If you are an experienced Production Controller or Planner, and are currently looking for a new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat with regards to this role please call 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton.