Experienced Production Engineer required to join a leading worldwide manufacturer. The successful candidate must have strong experience and knowledge of Process Improvement gained within manufacturing environment. This is an exciting opportunity to join a world class manufacturer within its field.
- Turning concepts and layouts into fully specified designs with comprehensive costs.
- Continuously improve the performance of the process, equipment and production procedures.
- Specify install and commission capital equipment.
- Responsibility for new processes and process changes.
- The support of existing production processes & people by driving continuous improvement effort.
- The writing of precise work instructions and SOPs.
- Review process improvements – by calculating OEE overall equipment effectiveness
- Reducing equipment changeover / set up times by using SMED.
- Playing a key role in a lean transition through the use of a range of established lean tools.
Experience / Qualifications Required:
- Ideally qualified to degree level with a minimum of a HNC in Mechanical or Production Engineering.
- Extensive experience in Manufacturing/ Production engineering.
- Experience of FMEA/APQP.
- CNC Programming experience advantageous (Fanuc controls).
- Experience in problem solving by using formal techniques such as Root Cause Analysis.
- Diligent with project management, supporting paperwork and documentation.
- Ideally IOSH certified.
- Are prepared to accept full responsibility for new processes and process changes
- Have experience of carrying out thorough and in depth risk assessments
If you are an experienced Production Engineer, and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.