Experienced Production Engineer required to join the existing team of a global manufacturer based in Plymouth. The successful candidate must have strong experience of working on Process Improvement / NPI projects within a lean manufacturing environment. This would be an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to use their lean knowledge and experience to drive forward continuous improvement within a company that is synonymous with putting quality and innovation at the fore front of their ethos.
- Turning concepts and layouts into fully specified designs with comprehensive costs.
- Continuously improve the performance of the process, equipment and production procedures.
- Specify install and commission capital equipment.
- Set Up Reduction (SMED).
- Responsibility for new processes and process changes.
- The support of existing production processes & people by driving continuous improvement effort.
- The writing of precise work instructions and SOPs.
- Review process improvements OEE.
- Playing a key role in a lean transition through the use of a range of established lean tools.
Essential Qualifications / Experience & Candidate Attributes Required:
- Have extensive experience in Manufacturing/Production engineering.
- Qualified to a minimum of HNC in Mechanical or Production engineering.
- Have experience of FMEA/APQP.
- Have experience in problem solving by using formal techniques.
- Diligent with project management, supporting paperwork and documentation.
- IOSH certified.
- Are prepared to accept full responsibility for new processes and process changes.
- Have experience of carrying out thorough and in depth risk assessments
If you are an experienced Production Engineer and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.