My client, Princess Yachts International Ltd, has an exciting and full on opportunity for a Production Manager to take responsibility for one of the Luxury yachts build lines. The Production Manager is accountable for the overall performance of the line and is responsible for the cost, quality and schedule targets. This is not for the faint hearted but the pride and satisfaction for being responsible for producing some of the world’s most stunning multi million pound motor Yachts is far more than the average job offers.
- Responsible for teams ranging from 20 to 80 skilled carpenters and engineering boat builders.
- To achieve Quality, Delivery, Cost objectives in an ongoing project environment.
- To ensure their production leads are appropriately skilled and are regularly reviewed for performance, skills and personal development.
- Work closely with the line planners to ensure good planning practices are adhered to and a ‘SMART’ approach to planning and review are maintained.
- Develop and execute action plans to improve overall performance against KPI’s
- Work with manufacturing engineers and other resources to ensure the line is balanced and daily targets are met.
- Liaise with HR on time and attendance issues in particular the planning of holiday’s and absence management.
- Liaise with operations managers to ensure resource is planned and adequate, overtime justification etc.
- Lead from the front and reinforce a strict adherence to standard work and quality standards.
- Identify issues impeding productive efficiency and report or resolve the issue in a timely way.
- Maintain strict discipline across business IT systems e.g. MRP, Change notes, Quality issues, material management and time and attendance system.
- Identify issues for improvement that will enhance efficiency or product integrity i.e. (Fit, Form or Finish)
- Manage consumables expenditure and positively influence any forms of NVA that will unnecessarily add cost to the boats.
- Organise meetings as appropriate to maintain focus and support to enable the line to meet its agreed performance targets.
- Deputise for Operations Managers at times of absence.
Experience and Qualifications
- A typical Production Manager should possess a proven track record of success achieved in a project / manufacturing operations environment with demonstrated experience of a low volume assembly / manufacturing business.
- Ideal candidates can be qualified up to degree level but it is essential that they have a formal management qualification ideally gained in a manufacturing / project environment.
- Possess very strong analytical skills with ability to translate data into meaningful information and decision making scenarios.
- Would ideally suit an up and coming star of the future who is looking for the opportunity to demonstrate and realise their potential.
- Experience of lean manufacturing would also be an advantage.
If you are a Production Manager and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Lizzie. Many thanks for your interest.