Our client, a leading metalwork manufacturer serving industries such as Transport & Automotive, retail, specialist furniture and industrial markets, is seeking to recruit a proactive and ambitious Production Manager to join their team. You will be reporting into the Operations Manager and have overall responsibility for the manufacturing activities of the company with approx. 30 direct reports in the Production, Planning and Stores teams. Responsibilities will include streamlining the functions necessary to lower inventory levels, reducing operating and labour costs whilst driving up throughput, in order to produce high quality products on time at the right cost.
- Work with internal departments and customers to define the production plan and ensure it is executed to achieve all sales demand.
- Provide motivation, support and guidance to all employees.
- Manage all HR and training related matters.
- Define, manage and report departmental KPI’s on a weekly basis.
- Maintain our strong reputation for OTD and quality standards.
- Ensure that workflow is optimised for maximum efficiency.
- Engage in our lean and CI culture and work with the small teams to execute improvement projects.
- Ensure all H&S practices and relevant legislation are followed and that H&S is the prime focus of everyone within the production facility.
- Provide ongoing motivation and leadership to the production team to meet all performance targets.
- Ensure all production operators are suitably trained for the tasks required of them and that there is adequate documentation and records to support this.
- Communicate any problems or obstacles to the senior management team.
- Experience of a mid/high volume manufacturing environment, preferably in the sheet metal industry.
- Previous demonstrable experience of setting up/improving production lines and empowering teams to do so
- Proven record of reducing production costs and improving product performance
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Ability to mentor and instruct.
- Experience of recruiting, inducting and developing a production team.
- Experience in MRP, ERP systems is desirable together with an analytical and inquisitive mind.
If you are an experienced Production Manager and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Nigel. Many thanks for your interest.