Our client is a key supply partner to many of the region’s leading manufacturers and due to increasing demand, they are looking to recruit a Production Planner for employment at their factory in Plympton. The successful candidate for this role would be required to generate production plans for their extensive sheet metal manufacturing facility and work closely with the production and purchasing teams to ensure that the plan is achieved within the timescales. Individual tasks will include:
- Create a weekly production/capacity plan for all jobs, including processing through our Laser, NCT, Folding, Fabrication, Toolroom , Paint Shop and Toolroom.
- Planning to consider all labour variances including skill base, lights out machinery and shift work.
- Monitor the adherence to this plan and work directly with the Production Supervisors to resolve issues and allow flexibility to client demands
- Work with the sales / customer facing team to ensure that accurate dates for product availability are provided and that information on sales orders is included in the manufacturing plan on a timely basis.
- Monitor and report quoted production times vs actual times. Ensuring data accuracy is maintained.
- Produce weekly and monthly production KPI reports.
- Liaise with Senior Buyer to ensure that raw materials and sub-contracted operations are delivered on time and in full.
- Identify any capacity constraints and work alongside the production team to resolve
- Work with the purchasing and suppliers to improve delivery service and lower inventory levels. Help to implement consignment and Kanban stocks.
- Work alongside the stores team to plan internal and external transport deliveries
- Provide cover for Production Supervisor when required.
- The successful candidate will ideally have proven relevant experience in a manufacturing and/or the sheet metal industry.
- Previous planning experience or in managing projects.
- Competent in computerised stock control and purchase/sales order processing systems.
- Experience in MRP, ERP systems is desirable together with an analytical and inquisitive mind.
- You must be a team player with good communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Dynamic and proactive
- Flexibility to carry out a wide ranging role.
If you are an experienced Production Planner and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Nigel. Many thanks for your interest.