One of our established manufacturing clients are looking for an experienced Manufacturing Process Engineer to join their busy dynamic team. The role will add value and play a key role in the ongoing growth of the business, through continuous improvements activities.
Responsible for monitoring and evaluating manufacturing performance from a Manufacturing standpoint as well as providing hands on, leadership. Responsible for the analysis of daily, monthly and annual performance efficiency in order to establish accurate manufacturing costs, overhead recovery, Quality and training.
To implement a number of improvements in order to support and facilitate growth; responsible for performance, quality and cost improvements. In essence you will deliver a track record of manufacturing business growth. You will play an instrumental part within the local management team, it is therefore essential you feel confident with manufacturing operation of lean and continuous improvement techniques and proven management capability.
Add value to a successful, growing organization where you will lead from the front. You will play in instrumental part in the businesses growth, and reap the rewards of working for a people focused organization. You will play a key member of the local management team and external training courses and development will be made available to the right person.
As part of the local management team, lead the teams within the factory, focusing on continuous improvement. Contribute to the company's strategy and demonstrate the company values and behaviours. Champion for high product quality, Health and Safety and efficient delivery.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Competent at all aspects of the efficient and cost-effective operation of a manufacturing facility.
- Competent at People Management with a proven ability to develop and motivate direct reports ensuring maximum performance output is achieved by managing through people processes and policies.
- Competent and knowledgeable in quality systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in areas of Manufacturing.
- Good PC skills and related software applications (MS Office), with the ability to gather and manipulate data, compile information, and prepare reports. (SAP / ACELLOS / Works Orders)
- Ability to implement and lead continuous improvement initiatives and maintain a continuous improvement culture within the departments.
- Skilled in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures. Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment by building effective communication with the workforce.
- Work closely with the production manager / planning team to ensure there is a clear understanding of customer requirements and the daily departmental plan is delivered efficiently and on time.
- Monitor, interrogate and analyse all information relating to performance ensuring cost saving plans are developed and implemented from the results.
- Work closely with the Technical department and ensure all procedures are adhered to and communicated within the team accordingly. Challenge unnecessary activity and work with the Technical team to improve process.
- Encourage better understanding of machine performance and support delivery of efficiency improvements.
- Drive high standards throughout the department to be "audit ready" at all times.
- Ensure good use of visual management techniques are in place and a top loss reviews are carried out and actions derived from them.
- Identify issues for improvement that will enhance efficiency or product integrity i.e (Raw Form or Finish) and solve in a timely manner.
- Right First Time Achievement
- NPI process knowledge
- Lean Manufacturing basics – Problem solving techniques, A3 reporting, Visual management,6s
- Project management – able to plan, organise and lead projects
- Health & Safety qualified and able to carry out risk assessments, Hazards ID ETC
If you are an experienced Manufacturing Process Engineer and are currently looking for a new challenge then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Laura. Many thanks for your interest.