The Team Leader will lead and develop their team of production operators and support functions to ensure the timely and efficient manufacture of product to appropriate service, quality and cost, whilst ensuring the continuous improvement of the area in line with site and individual objectives.
- To lead a production team to ensure overall achievement of objectives as measured by the Key Performance Indicators.
- Support, lead and maintain Continuous Improvement programmes to achieve objectives as measured by the Key Performance Indicators, with high levels of operator involvement and commitment.
- Lead a production team to meet and maintain production operations and processes in line with the HT’s quality, environmental, safety and housekeeping standards.
- Prioritise maintenance and repairs of production equipment to minimise downtime.
- Initiate and drive training throughout the shift to ensure the team is multi skilled and able to respond to customer demands. Ensure training documentation and records are complete and up to date.
- Manage the team to ensure compliance and adherence to company procedures. This includes their welfare, motivation and morale. Tools include: communication, fairness, performance management, appraisals, absence management, disciplinary, timesheets, holiday schedules, etc
- Suggest and Support appropriate initiatives which support the longer term development of the manufacturing operation. This includes involvement with, and to support cross functional teams to trial and introduce new products and equipment into the business.
- Carry out health & safety risk assessments as required.
- Carry out daily/weekly team briefings to ensure quality communication to the team.
- Promote – cost reduction, efficiency improvements, ideas to promote savings and improve customer service levels.
- Provide adhoc support within the business towards ensuring company objectives are achieved.
- Embrace a team working approach, ensuring close liaison with all relevant internal departments in order to adopt a considered and rational approach to decision making and problem solving.
- Participation and support in managing and driving change, involving employees in any change programmes.
- NVQ Level 3 Team Leader qualified or proven significant experience in Team Leading in a Manufacturing Environment.
- First class leadership skills with evidence of motivating, coaching, mentoring, developing employees and experience of dealing with employee relation issues and conflict management.
- Experience and knowledge of lean manufacturing principles.
- Experience of Continuous Improvement project management.
- Experience of working with quality standards e.g. ISO9001 & ISO14001.
- Highly organised and structured approach to work.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Willingness to be flexible to achieve objectives.
- Flexible working hours when required.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and act with high levels of integrity at all times.
- An excellent team player with the ability to fit into all teams.
- A quick decision maker who arrives at decisions and conclusions considering all alternatives and solutions rationally.
If you have the experience and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Louise. Many thanks for your interest.