Experienced Production Team Leader required to join large Manufacturing Company on the outskirts of Paignton. The successful candidate will be Responsible for the safety and productivity of all production employees staffed on designated shifts as well as plant security. The successful candidate will also be responsible for ensuring that production scheduled for completion is executed in a timely manner and within all quality parameters.
- Provide leadership support to team members.
- Monitor team members on site to ensure adherence to ethics and safety procedures.
- Ensure that goods manufactured meet satisfactory quality standards.
- Support Production Manager to ensure scheduled production dates are met and customer requirements are met or surpassed.
- Create work schedule for team and ensure they strictly adhere to it.
- Motivate team to enhance production quantity and maintain high production standards.
- Monitor and record individual’s performance within the team.
- Continually assess and develop skills base within the team.
- Ensure sufficient shift cover to provide support with first aid, fire safety and forklift access.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities.
Essential Experience, Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Self-motivated and ability to work to deadlines
- An excellent understanding of the operational requirements of the business.
- Project management skills
- A good understanding of the practical requirements of SHE legislation and the requirements of the company quality system and therefore ISO 9001.
- Cost/Budget management
- Working Knowledge of MS Office Tools
- Conscious of all aspects of Safety Health & Environment/Quality in providing safe systems of work for self and colleagues, setting the standard for housekeeping, safety and quality within the company
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills – can express view in a clear and articulate manner and pass on information succinctly and accurately.
- Willing to listen to colleagues, actively and enthusiastically building teamwork
If you are an Experienced Production Team leader and are currently looking for a new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat with regards to this role please call 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton.