Project Manager (Logistics)
Our prestigious manufacturing client is currently looking for a Project Manager with experience and knowledge of the logistics function to join their growing team and run projects focused on improving sites logistical capabilities.
The Project Manager (Logistics) will look to identify, manage and facilitate the implementation of improvement activities and major projects that support optimal efficiency and superior customer service within the logistics function for the business.
Key Responsibilities of the Project Manager (Logistics)
- Using a data driven approach, design, document and facilitate implementation of proposals for process efficiency improvements and all major operational changes within the logistics function
- Develop and utilise project management tools to ensure on time delivery of projects with no negative impact to day to day operations
- Identify and evaluate all resource types required including confirmation of expected operational benefit
- Plan and manage any budget requirements
- Facilitate and create regular reporting tools including escalation and management of risks and issues
- Identify and work with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure that any activities are fully integrated with and compliment all other functional areas
- Build in exemplar standards to all changes to drive quality into the basic way of working including visual management, process control points and housekeeping
Skills Requirements for the Project Manager (Logistics):
- An effective leader who can influence and motivate, capable of resolving conflicts as they arise
- Project management experience – creating plans, documentation, reports, managing KPIs etc. to ensure delivery of projects
- The ability to manage multiple activities to ensure timely implementation of projects – including the identification and resolution of issues that may arise to ensure no detrimental impact to project timing
- Analytical, and able to analyse and use data to inform proposals
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines
Desired (NOT essential) for the Project Manager (Logistics):
- 6s or Lean qualifications
- Project Management qualifications (Prince 2 / PMP etc.)
If you are an experienced Project Manager with knowledge of the logistics function and/or experience working on logistics projects and are currently looking for a new challenge please submit an up to date CV or call 01752 252533 and ask for Charlotte for an informal chat and further information about the Project Manager (Logistics) opportunity.