Project Planner / Coordinator (Design)
One of the largest employers in the South West is currently looking for a Designer (Detail) to join their team based in Plymouth. We are looking for an outstanding candidate with a passion for design who will help to develop any number of new model design projects to a schedule specified by a development summary agreed by the Head of Development. The Designer (Detail) will also support a number of research and development (R&D) projects to meet current market/development requirements.
Key Responsibilities of the Project Planner / Coordinator (Design):
- Ensure all project deliveries to schedule are met
- Provide administrative support across multiple projects concurrently to ensure that technical and design teams can focus on their assigned pieces
- Review resource planning documentation for indivudial design projects, translating this into simple tasks to be performed and allocating timing/resources to the project teams
- Represent the department in all new product deliverable meetings (in a non-technical role)
- Interface with all aread of the business and external suppliers to ensure that project timeframes can be adhered to
- Attend daily issues meetings and communicating acrions and solutions to the design project teams as appropriate
- Creation and recording of departmental work instructions and adherence therein – ensuring all designers working on projects know which elements they are responsible for and that their individual schedules are being adhered to (re-allocating work or flagging issues where necessary)
- Capturing of ‘lessons learned’ and leading resolution at earliest opportunity
- Provide support to the design teams manager with team timesheets, holiday etc.
Skills Requirements for the Project Planner / Coordinator (Design):
- Understanding of 3D CAD software (Siemans NX & Teamcentre would be advantageous)
- Strong communication skills and reporting accuracy
- Use of Microsoft Office suite including MR Project
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to work to challenging timescales
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent team building skills and a drive to progress within the operation
If you are a Project Coordinator or Planner with an understanding of CAD software and design focused projects and are looking for a new challenge please submit an up to date CV or call 01752 252533 and ask for Charlotte for an informal chat and further information about the Project Planner / Coordinator (Design) opportunity.