One of our established clients are looking for a Factory Manager to join a large manufacturing team based in Falmouth.
- Deploy manufacturing strategy to lead, enhance and develop all aspects of the Pumps assembly & Machine shop, in order to ensure that all products are supplied efficiently, on time, in full and to the highest quality specification possible.
- Create team and facilities that will exceed customer expectations.
- Responsibility for the management, organisation and development of the pumps production team, including recruitment, training and department structure. Develop and support the newly created roles of team leaders.
- Champion Global Excellence in Manufacturing (GEM / Lean) and EHS throughout the pumps assembly area
- Propose and implement CAPEX and OPEX improvements in line with budgets.
- Lead the handover of New Product Development into live production
Main responsibilities of the role are:
- Line management responsibilities for the Pumps production team for 60+ staff in a factory shipping to 70 countries on a daily basis with a short lead-time.
- Develop and manage early careers (including apprentices)
- Manage & improve labour efficiency and material yield
- Build proactive capability and cross skill staff to support future growth and new product introduction
- Lead GEM and EHS improvements within the Pumps factory
- Support and manage the transfer of New product developments into live production
- Minimum of HNC / HND in Engineering, Business Studies or alternative subject.
- Lean manufacturing experience, ideally Green Belt, or above.
- Working within NEBOSH or IoSH environment
- Extensive experience of 5 years of people management in a manufacturing environment
- Previous track record of implementing strategy, managing change.
- Experienced in managing large teams 40-60 people
- Experience of using ERP systems within a manufacturing environment, with experience of Microsoft Dynamics AX an advantage
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to effectively use computer and communication technology such as Microsoft Office.
If you are an experienced Factory Manager and are currently looking for a new challenge then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Laura. Many thanks for your interest.