Experienced Quality Engineer required to join the existing Quality team of a Global manufacturer based on the outskirts of Plymouth. Reporting to the Quality Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for achieving the client’s internal and external quality standards, whilst having a leading role in driving forward continuous improvement to meet the expectations of the customer.
- Implement the objectives defined for the Quality Engineering team.
- Respond to customer complaints and define corrective actions required, interfacing with relevant departments to prevent re-occurrence, e.g. Process Engineers, Toolroom, Production, Supply Chain etc.
- Provide customer support where required, e.g. monthly reports, QBR’s.
- Work with relevant departments during new product and process introductions, e.g. Design, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain etc.
- Drive Continuous Improvement initiatives based on internal quality performance indicators, e.g. Scrap rework, EOL yield etc using continuous improvement methodologies e.g. six sigma etc and interfacing with other departments as required.
- Developing Advanced Quality Planning and Piece Part Approval documentation for customers and internal requirements.
- Define the inspection planning and auditing requirements for products/processes including the requirement of SPC.
- Provide support/involvement for process audits carried out by the quality audit function.
- Support other group OEM manufacturing sites as required.
- Identifying training and development needs and seeking such training to support the company objectives.
Essential Qualifications/Experience required:
- Previous Quality Engineering experience gained within a manufacturing environment.
- Degree or HND in Engineering or equivalent qualifications.
- Institute of Quality Assurance Diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Methodical and thorough with an excellent attention to detail.
The successful candidate will be asked to travel to Customers around the UK and Internationally on an ad hoc basis.
If you are an experienced Quality Engineer and are currently looking for a new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat with regards to this role please call 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton.