Kawasaki Precision Machinery are looking to recruit an Experienced Quality Engineer to join their expanding team.
Established in 1968 the Precision Machinery division of Kawasaki has been at the forefront of hydraulic technology and development for nearly 50 years. Today the Kawasaki brand is synonymous with quality and innovation in hydraulic pumps, motors, valves and complete systems across the whole spectrum of applications.
The successful candidate will be required to actively support the implementation, maintenance, performance and improvement of the Quality Management System by applying appropriate tools and techniques.
- To identify performance trends and potential and actual non-conformances in products and processes through data gathering, analysis, monitoring and auditing.
- Decision making: To stop production, drive containment action and take corrective or preventative action to ensure effective and timely defect management.
- To propose and implement robust and cost effective solutions and improvements.
- To carry out audits, inspections, measurements and tests in a timely and accurate manner.
- Clear, concise, accurate and data driven reporting of results, trends, actions and progress.
- To develop effective relationships with other team members and departments, suppliers and customer personnel as appropriate to facilitate product and service quality.
- To provide training support and to overcome barriers to quality improvement.
- To work independently and as a team member in conducting Quality Engineering Activities.
- To work in line with KPM Quality, Safety and environmental Policies, Procedures and Instructions.
Other Activities will include:
- Quality to customer and New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Process Control and Cleanliness
- Quality Management Systems and Audits
- Production QA Support and CAL
- Calibration and Metrology
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Attributes to apply for this role:
- A minimum of a HNC level qualification in an Engineering discipline.
- A proven track of working as a Quality Engineer within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience / Knowledge of APQP, PPAP, FMEA, 8D.
- The ability to make decisions swiftly in order to take corrective or preventative actions as and when required.
- An excellent team player with the ability to develop effective relationships throughout all levels of the business.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to develop and strengthen supplier and customer relationships, whilst adhering to Kawasaki quality standards.
If you are an experienced Quality Engineer, and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.