One of the largest employers in the South West is currently looking for Quality Engineers to join their growing team.
The Quality Engineer will support the team in achieving the level of quality that is required to meet customer expectations, providing quick and effective responses to issues identified.
Key Responsibilities of the Quality Engineer
- Support the business to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant procedures
- Analyse data gathered from various sources to identify areas of risk and opportunities to promote RFT and ‘No Fault Forward’
- Liaising with Quality Management members to implement a program that will drive towards a continual improvement in quality performance
- Provide verification of accurate data for Quality Issues identified – initiating actions to aid quick resolution and assistance in identifying root causes
- Ensure that non-conformances and repeat issues are communicated
- Assist in continual improvement activities – analysing reported faults and failures
- Promote training to build quality awareness across the business
Skills Requirements for the Quality Engineer:
- City & Guilds 743 Quality Assurance of equivalent
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
- A sound knowledge of manufacturing / operational processes
- Experience of assembly practices
- Knowledge of Lean Techniques
Desired but NOT essential for the Quality Engineer:
- Qualified Internal Auditor experience
- Six Sigma qualified an advantage
If you are an experienced Quality Engineer and are currently looking for a new challenge please submit an up to date CV or call 01752 252533 and ask for Charlotte for an informal chat and further information about the Quality Engineer opportunity.