My Client, a leading manufacturing company based in Plymouth is looking to recruit an experienced Quality Engineer for employment within a fast paced production environment. The ideal candidate would be required to support the Senior Quality Engineer to achieve the level of quality that is required to meet customer expectations. Provide a quick response to resolving quality issues identified during build. Conduct process audits ensuring conformance to company processes. Provide a framework that promotes Continual Improvement, RFT and the ‘No Fault Forward’ approach.
- Support the business to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant procedures.
- Analyse data gathered from various sources to identify areas of Risk and Opportunities and promote RFT and ‘No Fault Forward’.
- Verify that the correct information is available at source of use.
- Liaising with the Senior Quality Engineer / Management to implement a program that will drive towards a continual improvement in quality performance.
- Provide verification of accurate data for Quality Issues identified. Initiate actions to aid quick resolution and assistance in identifying root causes.
- Ensure that non-conformances and repeat issues are communicated.
- Assist the Senior Quality Engineer with continual improvement activities.
- Analyse reported faults and failures that do not conform to Work instructions.
- Interfacing with other departmental managers at all levels of the business. Providing information and support other interfacing departments.
- Act as an Ambassador, operating with integrity and drive appropriate to the Company’s values, to promote our client as as a market leader.
- Promote training to build quality awareness across the business.
- This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you may be required to undertake other duties appropriate to your role.
- A sound knowledge of manufacturing/operational processes allied to the company’s product
- Experience of assembly practices
- Relevant / suitable qualifications both administrative and technical (Excel, Word etc.)
- Able to read and interpret technical drawings
- Conscientious, reliable and dedicated
- Able to work under own initiative
- Engages with others and has a collaborative approach to working with others
- Proactively contributes within a team
- Assertive, resilient and welcomes change
- City and Guilds 743 Quality Assurance or equivalent
- Qualified Internal Auditor an advantage
- Knowledge of Lean Techniques - Problem Solving etc.
- Six Sigma qualified an advantage
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems an advantage
If you are an experienced Quality Engineer and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Lizzie. Many thanks for your interest.