A heating controls company based in Plymouth is seeking to recruit a Quality Technician. The successful candidate for this role will work closely with Quality Engineers and support all aspects of the quality department including the completing of inspections to ensure that products achieve the required high standards of quality, in accordance with defined company specifications, procedures and inspection levels. Support problem solving investigations including root cause analysis and corrective and preventative actions. Assist with quality initiatives to implement and improve manufacturing techniques. Ideally you will have experience in the inspection and/or test of electronic products and sub-assemblies. Knowledge of ISO standards would be an advantage.
- Dealing with day to day quality issues, both internal & customer related.
- Preparation, management & updating of control plans used within the manufacturing process.
- Daily Internal reject Monitoring & reporting.
- Complete detailed Inspection Reports on a wide variety of components by carrying out precision measurements - checking against component drawings and specifications.
- Be proactive in maintaining safe working systems and document near miss reports.
- Carry out any ad-hoc duties within the scope of the Quality Department
- Assist the Quality Engineer dealing with day to day quality issues, both internal & customer related.
- Product Audits including product robustness testing
Key skills required:
- Ideally possessing a relevant professional qualification.
- Beneficial – Experience in Injection Mouding.
- Proven experience of working in a manufacturing environment.
- Computer literate, with specific knowledge of Microsoft Office etc.
- Very good communication skills, both written as well as oral.
- Ideally ‘Green Belt’ Trained.
- Precision Part measurement equipment.
- Interpretation of technical drawings.
- NPI, PPAP, ISIR & FAI.
- Quality / Lean / Six Sigma tools: DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plans, Root Cause Analysis (5Y’s / 8D) etc.
- Health and safety, and an awareness of overall behavioral standards and compliance in the work place.
If you are an experienced Quality Technician and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Nigel. Many thanks for your interest.