An engineering company based in Newton Abbot, is recruiting for a new role as a Sales Manager, the primary responsibility of the incumbent will be to act as the companies first point of contact for sales activities and to co-ordinate other customer activities whilst establishing and maintaining excellent customer relationships.
This role will be the main interface between the Company and its customers, identifying and responding to sales and contract enquiries as well as co-ordinating with Operations teams on other customer activities. He/she will be responsible for Contract negotiations required to Produce and Maintain Sales and Order Performance statistics in liaison with Accounts and Logistics management.
- Act as first point of contact for nominated existing customers, ensuring that all customer enquiries and questions are responded to in an effective and timely manner.
- Establish and maintain excellent customer relationships in accordance with relevant legislation, contract law and good practice requirements.
- Work with sales team to ensure effective customer contract negotiations for new contracts, NPI and contract variations are completed on time.
- Manage and maintain business portfolio.
- Ensure a top level overview of contract and NPI progress is available and up to date. Identify issues and problems arising and report to Key Account Sales Manager and Senior Management. Work with the sales team to generate proposals and plans to resolve. Ensure that the customer is kept up to date with contract progress and that they are also advised of any deviations to plan or contract requirements.
- Act as the ‘voice of the customer’. Identify and report back customer views, issues and concerns on contract performance using relevant and industry wide KPI’s as appropriate. Ensure that the customer is also made aware of performance against contract requirements and industry benchmarks.
- Work with the Sales Team to maintain the Department’s processes and procedures including SalesForce and Company’s Business Manual.
Key skills required:
- Experience in a technical sales role in a relevant business environment.
- Excellent communication skills. Experience in negotiation skills is desirable.
- Engineering experience of related aerospace components is desirable.
- Commercially astute with some knowledge of Contract Law.
- Experience with Microsoft products and CRM software, particularly Salesforce
- Experience of domestic/international travel is essential.
If you are an experienced Sales Manager and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Nigel. Many thanks for your interest.