The Senior Buyer is responsible for indirect purchases related to maintenance, equipment, building and production, focusing on procuring goods and services within a manufacturing environment.
Candidates applying for the Senior Buyer opportunity must possess excellent contract negotiation skills, be analytical by nature and have experience focused on MRO buying.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Buyer:
- Supports the procurement and disposition of materials in response to MRP and Manufacturing requirements
- Coordinate material orders, inventory levels, expedite/prioritize, release of materials, safety stock positions and disposition of materials
- Facilitate bids, analysis and negotiations for MRO goods and services
- Place, manage and expedite orders
- Maintain MRP system
- Measure and report on supplier delivery performance
- Be first point of contact for price and invoice queries
- Verify acceptability of orders received
- Action any required change notes
- Be proactive and willing to provide other general support for the wider purchasing team
Skills Requirements for the Senior Buyer:
- Experienced at negotiation and purchasing of MRO goods and services
- Solid experience within a purchasing / buying department within a manufacturing environment
- Excellent contract negotiation
- Supplier management, performance analysis and audits experience
- Experience using / knowledge of MRP system(s)
Desired (NOT essential) for the Senior Buyer:
- CIPS or equivalent qualifications
- Experience using Chess MRP system
Working hours for the Senior Buyer position will be: Monday-Thursday 7:30am-4:30pm and Friday 7:30am-12:30pm
If you have a solid background within purchasing / buying departments and are currently looking for a new challenge please submit an up to date CV or call 01752 252533 and ask for Charlotte for an informal chat and further information about the Senior Buyer opportunity.