We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Materials Planner for a prestigious manufacturing business based in Plymouth. Our client design and manufacture products for control, navigation and guidance for surface and air applications in the global aerospace and defence markets. Our growth plan includes development and extension of our current technologies into civil applications.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Materials Planner to join our existing team who are expanding in line with our increasing orders and the ramp up of our manufacturing capability. Reporting to the Materials Planning Manager, you will be responsible for managing all ERP planning parameters to mitigate risk and optimise inventory.
- Scheduling the supply of materials to meet the master production schedule
- Working with supply chain to eliminate any shortfall of parts to the master production schedule
- Inventory Management to set targets
- Maintaining material standards in the ERP system
- E&O management
- Inventory reporting
- Managing NPI and configuration impacts on materials within the ERP system
- Deputising for Materials Planning Manager as required
- Understanding of ERP system principles and operations, ERP planning procedures and the integration of company functions provided by an ERP system
- Experience of tools which help analyse and maintain inventory
- Parameter Maintenance: Knowledge of critical inventory parameters and impacts ( i.e. quantity, lot size, safety stock, period of supply)
- Able to develop and draft standard work/standard operating procedures and implement best practices effectively
- Experience of delivering an integrated inventory management plan and balancing inventory with growth, profitability, cash and service strategies
- Able to effectively manage change and implement new strategies, policies, and priorities seamlessly and communicate the changes in a manner to gain support and buy-in of the changes
- Understanding of the impact of changes on the whole value stream (bullwhip effect)
Education & Experience required:
- Supervisory experience is essential
- Educated to Level 3 in Business/Engineering/Planning or equivalent
- Previous Production Planning experience is a must
- In-depth knowledge / experience within an ERP system or equivalent
As well as a competitive salary you will have access to benefits including membership of BUPA, Annual Leave Buy/Sell, Employee and Family Assistance Programme, Employer fully funded Scholar Programme, access to a shopping voucher and discount portal and much more.
If you are an experienced Senior Materials Planner and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Laura. Many thanks for your interest.