Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer required for a market leading specialist company. This position would suit a seasoned design engineer / manager who is looking to use their wealth of knowledge to expedite the strategic plan for new product development and introduce robust design office processes, laying a solid foundation for departmental growth in the future.
- Project management and design of new products and improvement of existing products
- Contribute to the development of a structured New Product Development process
- Work to agreed briefs and targets, undertaking detailed mechanical design work to achieve objectives of safety, functionality, aesthetics and cost
- Create and maintain full documentation to ensure regulatory compliance and support efficient manufacturing.
- Manage relationships with key suppliers and outside agencies as and when necessary to achieve project deliverables
- Maintain and improve the 3D CAD infrastructure
- Provide technical support (internally and externally) as necessary.
- The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate strong mechanical and product design engineering skills, coupled with an enthusiasm for problem solving, and a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Ideally you will be degree qualified but a proven track record in a similar role is a must, using a contemporary 3D CAD system.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time manager, able to deliver to agreed deadlines.
- IT literate (Microsoft Office suite).
- Ability to work effectively as part of a cross-functional team or equally with minimal supervision/intervention.
- A good understanding of manufacturing capabilities and limitations, methods of assembly, material selection, protective treatments, and best practice for the integration of mechanical and electrical systems
- Knowledge of metal fabrications, vacuum forming, injection mouldings and machined components.
- An exposure to Lean manufacturing techniques would be beneficial.
If you are an experienced Design Engineer, and are currently looking for a new challenge then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Stephen. Many thanks for your interest.