An experienced Senior Production Planner is required to work closely with the production management team to coordinate the development of new systems, processes and working practices relating to the production planning and control of the build lines.
Main Purpose of the role
- Custodian of Production Planning & Control System along with supporting processes (iBOS integrated Build Orchestration System) including the training and support to system users.
- Chair the IBOS development steering Group, focused on the development of the system and supporting processes.
- Forms part of the production management leadership team to create a cohesive build plan between synchronised kit supply and resource to meet production schedule.
- Ownership of the Production Readiness Review Process to ensure all products entering production are fully defined in terms of standard work, BOM allocation and ready to start build process.
- To monitor supply commitment, anticipate issues and plan for best scenario with material and resource availability.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Ensure all planners and lines are developing at the same rate and intensity and new practices are embedded as common and standardised processes and procedures.
- Ensure communication and training are effectively carried out to ensure maximum efficacy.
- Translate the needs and requirements of the production managers into data driven scenarios and solutions.
- Development of new product introduction planning processes and a proactive approach to demand architecture during product launch.
- Manage and Maintain integrity of iBOS item data.
- Daily monitoring of production status to identify and implement effective initiatives to maintain schedule adherence and compare plan v actual build progress to schedule.
- Plan and look ahead using the MPS schedule and MRP System to ensure feasibility.
- Pull materials to build schedule via MRP system whilst managing WIP to a minimum without impacting agreed build plan.
- Provide intelligent interpretation of data using a variety of tools.
- Work closely with Logistics to define and execute a highly effective material demand and control process.
- Drive discipline into problem solving and root cause analysis through systematic investigation and validated hypothesis.
- Contribute to the development of the Supply planning systems & processes.
- This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you may be required to undertake other duties appropriate to the role.
- A strong character with sincerity and determination, who relishes the opportunity to lead a highly talented team who have the responsibility of planning and delivering the next level of performance from the business.
- Strong leadership skills with natural coach and mentoring qualities
- Demonstrated experience within a complex planning role or relevant academic achievement to show potential.
- A strong communicator with the ability to achieve results through influence and coordination.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills with a strict attention to detail.
- We are looking for an analytically minded individual that can demonstrate strong mathematical skills who is comfortable working within complex data environments and permutations.
- Possess Microsoft Excel skills to a high level.
- MRP experience would be beneficial but would be provided for the individual with high potential.
If you are an experienced Senior Planner and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Lizzie. Many thanks for your interest.