This is not your average sales position, we are looking for a consultative seller who will work on a relatively warm desk, managing existing accounts for all advertising and related services; such as online directories, newsletters and sponsored content.
This business offers a very attractive basic wage of £30,000-£35,000 per annum from day one and after twelve months, there will be a generous team bonus structure in place for you. You will be joining a well known, industry leading brand in advertising, media and technology.
You will need to be confident and dynamic in this position, as you will play a key role within the Business Development team. You will need to be consultative and composed in your approach, as you will be working alongside C-Level Executives and senior staff across a range of businesses. A large part of your role will be office based in central Bristol, however you will occasionally be expected to visit clients face to face.
As the Senior Sales Executive, you will have a great deal of responsibility. You will be expected to support the business in reaching its goals and targets through efficiently and effectively managing sales, maintaining accurate records and working across the team to ensure an appropriate handover to delivery. This position also offers room for progression as the business grows.
- Supporting the development of new advertising
- Attending events and trade shows where necessary
- Feeding back to the team, including the business position/USPs in relation to competitors
- Actively seeking insight into challenges around the planning/building process and presenting potential commercial opportunities for PPQ
- Ensuring that sales and contact details are recorded, monitored and maintained in the CRM portal, in line with agreed processes
- Actively seeking insight into existing advertising products and services, analysing what works and what could be improved
- Ensuring handover to delivery is comprehensive and timely as you will be responsible for checking that advertising is completed in line with contractual commitments
- Responsible for building your sales pipeline and direct sales of all portal advertising and related services, such as online directories, newsletters and sponsored content including; identifying market segments, lead generation, initiating contact, negotiation and closing sales, as well as account management of existing customers
- (Over) achieves budgeted revenue targets
- (Over) achieves sales price/margins which deliver required gross profit and EBITA
- Reports accurately and promptly on performance against plans
- Provides accurate revenue forecasts for advertising
- Provides excellent customer service to deliver renewals
- Profitably develops new markets, customers and services
- Records activities, sales etc. within CRM and in other places in a timely manner
- Works collaboratively with others teams to ensure effectively delivery
- Offers suggestions for improvements to existing advertising products and/or sales messages/materials
- Provides quality insight to support research in to product development opportunities and business planning, in a timely manner
- Behaves professionally and ethically at all times, in keeping with the business’ core values and legal requirements.
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Excellent IT literacy
- Proven track record of meeting/exceeding sales targets
- Proven track record of new business development
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a B2B advertising sales capacity
- An effective communicator, with an excellent telephone manner and strong written skills
- Self-motivated and proactive in managing priorities to achieve deadlines and sales targets
- A team player, who builds strong relationships with colleagues, customers and partners with ease
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics CRM (or similar)
- Experience of Google DFP (or similar)
- Experience of using advertising and/or affiliate networks
The successful candidate must have the following:
- GCSEs in both English and Maths (A-C grade)
If you have the experience and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below. For informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Rachel. Many thanks for your interest.