We are searching for a Setter to join a local business on a permanent basis. The primary objective of the Setter (Level 1) will be to carry out tool changes and setting in line with the production plan for the area and to clean and maintain tooling as and when required in two of the following four areas: vertical cell, large cell, small cell and blow mold.
- Carry out setting of production processes as instructed with due regard for production schedules and minimising downtime.
- When not required to carry out Setter function, perform operator tasks as instructed by the Team Leader.
- Check product quality and measurements against specifications.
- Clean and maintain tools and equipment, prior to storage in Randex, using appropriate machinery and reporting problems to the Team Leader.
- Follow up on issues and maintain regular feedback to the Team Leader.
- Organise and prioritise work as and when required i.e. in the event of a machine failure and feedback to the Team Leaders.
- Set equipment as required to ensure ‘first off’ standards are achieved and pass machine over to operator in a timely manner for production run.
- Order parts and equipment as required following the purchasing procedure.
- Respond to breakdowns and repair or report to Team Leader/Setter Level 2, continue support on repair if necessary to ensure timely rectification.
- To play an active role in process improvement and the implementation of change.
- Ensure all set up is carried out with a high regard for health, safety and environmental requirements.
- Transfer others shifts or change working hours to cover holidays, sickness, etc and ensure necessary support is provided to manufacturing and site.
- Provide adhoc support within the business towards ensuring company objectives are achieved.
- Must have an awareness of tool care.
- Previous experience working within a factory environment.
- Fault finding and problems solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload.
- Plastic Injection Molding Experience Preferred.
The closing date for applications is 09:00 AM on Friday 19th October 2018. Shift pattern to be expected is Monday to Friday, (40 hours per week) on a rotating shift pattern of 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM Week 1 and 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM week 2. You will need to be physically able to perform the above tasks in order to be considered for this role.
If you have the experience and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below. For informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Rachel V, many thanks for your interest.