Your main responsibilities as a Senior Software Developer/Tester will be; to ensure that software released is of an acceptable standard, in line with both the company and customers’ requirements and to meet software release deadlines.
You will also be expected to participate in the design of business processes and procedures, in order to improve the efficiency and reliability of testing. Your role will include assisting in the design of technical architecture of the operative solution, to provide continuous testing and development capabilities.
You will also be expected to lead the design of tests for; unit testing, integration testing, system testing and operational acceptance testing. You will be mentoring and coaching more junior team members and leading projects and teams towards successful deliveries, so strong communication, interpersonal skills and management skills are a must.
- You will report to the Application Delivery Manager and Systems Architect and you will supervise the Testing Team
- Have a clear understanding of process design in both procedural and logical form and can map business processes into algorithms and reverse engineer algorithms into business processes. Domains the concept of Object Oriented programming
- Clearly display a structured method for analysis and problem solving which includes, at least; information gathering, recognising the need to obtain more or better information and gathering the right amount, asking relevant questions to self and others with this in mind and uses appropriate methods and sources for obtaining information, recognises underlying issues and problems and identifies trends, association, correlation and or cause-effect relationships in data and organises information, relates clusters of information and integrates information and data to articulate complex meaning, evidence implication and reaches conclusions based in that evidence
- Has a methodical approach to logic and horizontal thinking and can identify easily, flaws and inconclusive threads in logical concepts, designs and representations
- Has deductive reasoning and can develop proofs to theorems and solutions to problems by different methods e.g. direct proof, induction, construction, probabilistic, contradiction
- can design tests that provide the agreed required confidence interval that a routine is functional
- Dedicates efforts to learn and acquire management skills, at least in areas of operation and team management/leadership and will exercise them as the opportunity arises
- Has experience in the whole application development life cycle that allows him/her to assist in the development of any of its parts on demand
- Does research in software production workflows, identifies concrete existing problems and provides applicable solutions to them. Is familiar with existing tools
- Previous experience in different technologies and languages gives her/him the ability to very quickly assimilate new technologies and languages by leveraging common patterns and knowledge correlation of different domains.
- Can coach more junior team members and assists in progress reviews and evaluations. Can identify knowledge gaps in more junior developers and will actively try to fill them and or indirectly motivate the peer to work on them. Supervises their progress and motivates them to continue growing. Identify performance problems in more junior developer and helps the peer to overcome them
Key Skills and Requirements
- Have a strong background in software development (C++, C#, JS)
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Have experience designing tests that reflect proofs of correctness or functions and algorithms
- Be knowledgeable in data structures
- Have knowledge of the whole application development cycle
- Have a strong knowledge of software development management and production tools (Jira, Mantis, Jenkins, CVS, GIT)
- Have demonstrable expertise with automatic unit testing and automatic UI testing
- Demonstrate leadership and project management skills
You will be responsible for maintaining confidentiality over any client data, maintaining test environments and the creation of testing plans, scripts and manuals/documentation as required. The position is solely office based with the potential for visits to clients and other premises.
If you have the experience and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below. For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Rachel V. Many thanks for your interest.