- Distribution of all goods to relevant departments.
- Assist with deliveries and ‘booking in’ of parts and materials.
- Assist with packing and despatch as necessary.
- Determine the most economic method of transport to use.
- Ensure records/systems are maintained for goods coming into and leaving the premises.
- Check/approve Despatch invoices, following any queries through to conclusion.
- Keep Team Leader informed of task accomplishments, issues and status.
- Ensure you have the necessary skills and training to effectively participate in the Despatch and Stores departments during workload peaks, holiday and sickness.
- Ensure department Quality and H&S procedures and policies are adhered to (including ISO9001/14001).
- Escalate issues that cannot be resolved to your Team Leader.
- Be responsible for the safe transportation of goods.
- To meet the physical demands of the position, which includes standing for long periods.
- Maintain the Despatch status board.
- Ensure that the forklift is in good working order and that the daily checks are completed.
- Assist in the training of new personnel.
- Maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
- Manage and maintain the Company pool vehicle and authorise its use.
- Recommend actions that are necessary to ensure that future workloads are adequately resourced.
- Be Dangerous Goods trained.
- Stocktaking, cycle counting and other duties associated with a Stores role.
- Pick parts for orders to be assembled.
- Embrace continuous improvements.
- The role requires you to interface with all other departments within the business. Therefore you should be able to communicate information verbally or in writing at an appropriate level in a professional manner and create, maintain and enhance productive working relationships.
- Due to the nature of your role and the sensitive information that is available to you on a day-to-day basis, you are required to treat such information in the strictest of confidence.
- At all times you should be presentable and professional in appearance and manner and your work station should be kept clean, tidy and presentable.
- The nature of the role requires that flexibility is shown both in terms of duties and hours worked.
- At all times you shall work in a safe manner and comply with all H&S procedures.
- You will be expected to comply with all work-related and quality procedures at all times and attend staff training as required.
- You must adhere to company procedures and policies.
If you have the required Experience / Qualifications / Attributes listed above, and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Lizzie. Many thanks for your interest.