An experienced Supply Quality Engineer is required for a leading aerospace precision engineering company based in Plymouth, the role will be to ensure that suppliers achieve the zero defect target along with the quality and new production start-ups, to ensure that the supplier quality in the case of internal and external process changes are adhered to. To carry out plausibility checks of suppliers’ quality key figures (Including complaint costs) this role will also involve on-time initiation of suitable corrective measures when deviations occur and on-time escalation to the highest escalation level.
Ensure quality of supplied component and services as part of advance products quality planning (APQP)
- Monitoring and initiating corrections with regards to product quality/quality planning of suppliers
- Coaching of suppliers to ensure that APQP and PPAP requirements and documentation are achieved.
- Escalation to project managers and BU Q when project nomination/start is delayed by supplier
- Comparing suppliers quality planning and quality verifications for supplied part with overall project
- Tracking of measures until they are successfully completed including effectiveness test
- Carrying out customer visits (Objective: Quality planning and improvements) and acceptance inspections on site, e.g. Run@Rate (Objective: Ensuring robust processes)
- Participating in the definition of the packing concept in coordination with the SLE
Ensuring supplier quality as a part of sampling (PPAP)
- Supporting prototype and PPAP sampling including a decision regarding utilisation
- Documentation in the project in accordance with P 172002
Processing of complaints
- Defining suppliers to be the subject of measures and inspection and verifying corrective measures if required (8D report)
- Initiating escalation level 2 to the “next highest authority” in accordance with P174010 ff
- Carrying out or coordinating internal measures for supplier complaints
- Initiating a plausibility check of quality data (Active participation) as part of supplier assessment and correcting raw data for quality performance if required
- Participating in the preparation of workshops as part of supplier developments
Environment and Health & Safety Issues
Be actively involved in:
- Principles and controls associated with Environmental Management as applicable to ISO 14001, and
- Health & Safety within the workplace of The Barden Corporation (UK) Limited.
- To undertake every task to the highest possible quality standard and to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction through the adherence to proper procedures at all times.
- Initiating changes to the risk level (RL Classification) if required
- Approval/rejection of Q planning (APAP) by suppliers
- Authority to carry our process acceptance inspections at suppliers’ premises (Run@Rate)
- Coordinating supplier targets at plant level in conjunction with plant purchasing and SLE
- Assessment and transfer of complaint costs to purchasing
Qualification / Experience required:
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject or demonstrates the relevant experience and/or recognised by a relevant chartered body
- Successful completion of six sigma projects, trained to Green belt or above
- Formal training as an internal auditor with minimum 3 years experience of auditing in an Aerospace environment to AS9100 standard
- Capable of auditing to aerospace requirements at suppliers premises
- Demonstrable involvement in the use and an understanding of the intent of quality improvement tools, such as Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (FMEA), Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), First Article Inspection Report (FAIR), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), 5Y’s and 8D’s is essential
- Formal training and understanding of quality management systems ISO 9001, AS9100.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) are required, with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Experience and knowledge of Project management techniques
The following are desirable but not essential characteristics;
- Strong leadership skills & ability to empower others
- Open & Honest
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure & remain focused
- Business focused and forward thinking
- Strong communicator
- Able to reflect
- Ability to take direction and positive criticism
If you feel you can demonstrate the required skills and experience for the above vacancy, and are currently looking for a new challenge then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For further information please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Lizzie. Many thanks for your interest.